X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TylerK10
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.8.x

where can i edit the category strip?

i'm trying to change it so that the category description is on the same line as the category name. is there a template for this?

also, i want to edit the category strip name ONLY and the forum name ONLY. where would i put the CSS for this? because if i do it in category strip/first alternating color, it changes the descriptions as well, which i do not want
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

To put the description on the same line at the name, you would need to edit the template (it's in a separate div right now... and you probably want to remove the "Last Post" words too).

As for adding CSS, I always add it to additional.css. If you want to be specific and only get the category name and not anything else that is class "forumtitle", then you need to be specific in the path. Is. it in id="forums" and in an li of class"L1" and then in div "forumhead"etc... #forums li.L1 div.forumhead .forumtitle {property:value;}

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• TylerK10
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.8.x

thanks lynne. but what template is it that i edit the div in? and why do you say i should remove "last post"? those words don't seem relevant to what i'm doing. example:

default:

Main Category
      Main category description

what i want:

Main Category - Main category description

Comment

• garysmith
        • Jun 2008
        • 4.0.x

I am assuming that the Category Stripe on the forum home is where the main cats and the sub-cat descriptions are listed?

Is there a quick way to make the links of the SubCats BOLD? Example: Main Cat = Dogs >>> Sub Category of Dogs = Black Dogs

How can we set Sub Category Titles to Bold and Another Color so that they stand out visually?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by garysmith
          I am assuming that the Category Stripe on the forum home is where the main cats and the sub-cat descriptions are listed?

Is there a quick way to make the links of the SubCats BOLD? Example: Main Cat = Dogs >>> Sub Category of Dogs = Black Dogs

How can we set Sub Category Titles to Bold and Another Color so that they stand out visually?
          Use CSS. I can't give an example since I don't have a link to your forum that shows a Sub Category of Dogs that you want bolded.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment