X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

Security Token ssue for just one member

A member on one of my communities seems to be having serious issues accessing the site, logging in, posting photos, etc. Here's her latest post:

Hi!
    Please be sure to respond to me from your outside email to my outside email. Nick answered me once through the forum to my email, but when I click on the link it keeps telling me I haven't registered or signed in (after greeting me for signing in). When I went to my profile to read his private message to me, the same thing happened) I still do not know what his reply was.

I still keep getting "token has expired" message so that I can't upload pics. Still my profile is frozen, showing my last activity as "Viewing llama in snowstorm" which was days ago. That is NOT my last activity. It appears that nothing I have done is posting to my profile since Feb. 14. Can you please look into what is wrong here? I also keep getting vBulletins when I try to go from the link in a forum email I get in my yahoo email to the forum. I sign in, it says thank you widget for signing in and then tells me I haven't yet registered.
    When I try to edit my signature it tells me the token has expired. I have no idea what that means.
    THANKS, it's frustrating to have to work-around so much. I love the forum otherwise.

When I tried to post this message you see here under the Contact Us section, it said it would not post because the token expired.

And every time I click on MY Threads I get nothing but the response, which is nonsensical because no matter how long I wait and click again on MyThreads it just gives me this same message:vBulletin Message
    This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 7 seconds.
    These statements...:
    Still my profile is frozen, showing my last activity as "Viewing llama in snowstorm" which was days ago. That is NOT my last activity. It appears that nothing I have done is posting to my profile since Feb. 14.
    ... lead me to believe that it's some sort of issue with her browser's cache or something similar. No other members of the community have ever had nor are currently having this issue, so I believe this is a problem isolated to this user and her computer and/or browser.

What steps should I recommend she take to help resolve the issue in addition to clearing her browser's cookies and cache?

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Nick
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

Ask the member to try another browser. If that doesn't work, ask them to try another computer.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

^^ What he said.

And if that doesn't work, then Create a new style with no parent:
      • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
      • Parent Style: No Parent Style
      • Title: Default vBulletin
      • Allow User Selection: Yes
      • Save

Make that style selectable to the users and have this user use only that style on the site. See if they still have the same problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...