X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SighK
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

ccpic.php?u=X & image.php?u=X not fetching avatars

I am having a BIG issue at the moment both ccpic.php and the included image.php files are not fetching user avatars meanwhile on my other forum ccpic.php works without any problem.

All avatars are stored in the filesystem on both sites.
    I have tried disabling all hooks and pluggins with no success.

When I visit for example ccpic.php?userid=1 it spits out the following error code:

The image “http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/forum/ccpic.php?userid=2” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
    When I run the same URL in IE I get a little more information:
    <br /><strong>Warning</strong>: readfile([path]/forum/customprofilepics/profilepic2_5.gif) [<a href='function.readfile'>function.readfile</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <strong>[path]/ccpic.php</strong> on line <strong>108</strong><br />
    I have absolutely no idea what is causing this. I have attached ccpic.php to this post.ccpic.php

This is so that my installation of a Facebook like chat system can fetch avatars for the Buddy list.

Thank you!
  • SighK
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

Never mind FIXED.

Issue was this in ccpic.php

header('Content-type: image/gif');
    readfile(DIR . '/' . $url);
    }

CHANGED TO:

header('Content-type: image/gif');
    readfile( 'http://www.mywebsite.com' . $url);
    }

Comment

• TitanJeff
      • May 2002

I'm having the same problem but this didn't fix this for me. All was well until I changed the placement of avatars from the database to a customavatar folder. I assume I have to alter the ccpic.php file somewhere but no luck figuring it out. Cometchat support has been horrible.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

We can't provide support for Cometchat. Sorry. You might be able to find help at www.vbulletin.org.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...