X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siliconfinance
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.5.x

How to add a plugin for use on the forumhome page

I created a template that includes a banner rotator script which I incorporate in my vBulletin ad templates via plugin. I obtained the plugin code here:

This plugin works when I place the banner template into my ad_header_end template. Yay!

I recently decided that I would also like to display banners on the FORUM HOME page between forums. I have isolated the relevant vbulletin FORUMHOME template (forumhome_forumbit_level2_post) that I would like to incorporate the banner template but the plugin doesn't execute.

I assume I need to create a new plugin with a different hook location in order to fetch the template that includes the banner rotator script.

I have searched google and vbulletin.org extensively without success.

Any guidance someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by siliconfinance; Fri 7 Jan '11, 5:50pm. Reason: title change
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Do a search in your files (a good text editor will do this) for the template you are wanting to put it in. You will find where the template gets rendered. Then look to see if there is a hook location available to use prior to the template being rendered.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• siliconfinance
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.5.x

Hi Lynne,

Can you elaborate on that? I have dreamweaver, are you suggesting to scan all the files that come in the vbulletin download for vb3. If manually searched index.php and found an instance of it being cached, but I couldn't tell whether theere was an actualy hook location referenced. Any help to learn this would be greatly appreciate by myself and valued by those who want to learn/understand this stuff. Thankyou.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I don't use dreamweaver, so I'm not familiar with it. I can't really elaborate much because I have never looked at that plugin code. You really should be posting this question in the modification thread where others are familiar with the code and may have tried what you are trying to do before.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• siliconfinance
          • Mar 2007
          • 3.5.x

Thank you Lynne,

I looked for a modification thread, but didn't see one. Can you please direct me to it? Thank you!

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

I thought you got the banner rotation code from a modification, no?

Comment