X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gpzzone
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

PM's redirecting to Admin

For some reason lately I've been receiving PM's which are not meant for me via email from site members. ( I am admin)

So if member X sends member Y a PM, I receive an email with the content in! Clearly this can't be right? I'm running vBulletin 3.8.4. It doesn't happen everytime someone sends a PM, so I'm guessing it's probably because their personal PM capacity is stacked out?

Whether Y recieves the PM or not I don't know, but it is very disconcerting to receive an email containing the personal content of a private PM between members!

Any ideas anyone?

Best wishes

Craig Davies
    "Live in England and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy. It's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That is because they are responding by email to the PM notice, something they are told not to do in that email. All you can do is keep asking these users not to respond by email to PM notices.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gpzzone
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

Thank you Steve
      "Live in England and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy. It's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...