X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ik7jwy
    • Nov 2007

errore message from online.php page

HI,
    when I go , as registered user, to the page online.php of the forum www.hamradioweb.org/forums, I get this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12 bytes) in /web/htdocs/www.hamradioweb.org/home/forums/includes/functions.php on line 1139
    Thinking about a memory limit changed by the hosting provider, I contacted them and they suggested to update the PHP from 4.4.9 to 5, without any reference to the memory limit.
    I'm not sure that it is pertinent to my problem. Furthermore, is VB 3.8.6 PL1 compatible with PHP 5 ?
    How can I fix the problem ?

Art
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Your PHP does not have enough memory allocated to it to complete this operation. Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' variable in php.ini to at least 32M.

To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ik7jwy
      • Nov 2007

Many thanks for answer. I'll try to do what you suggested. Anyway, I noticed that the counter of the currently active users continues to increase. Until a few days ago the counter periodically returned to zero. How can you explain this?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Sounds like more people and/or search engines are accessing your site.

The counter is not supposed to return to zero. If it was doing that before, it was from a modification.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...