X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markfh
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

Can't log in as admin anymore

I made some changes to the forum today and when I was finished I can log in to admincp but after I hit enter it tells me thank you for loging in and then goes right back to the login screen.

Any idea what might have happened? I only changed the human verification method and corrected one error in the configuration.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What exact changes did you make?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• markfh
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.6.x

I changed the user verification from captcha to question and answer. Also, the number of avitars displayed. The default was supposed to be at least 1. It was indicated that it was in error because it was set to 0. I changed that to 5. I went through the rest of the settings just to check them over but didn't change anything else that I am aware of.

Added: I can log in the forum with my id but not the admincp.

Comment

• markfh
        • Sep 2006
        • 3.6.x

Ok, never mind. I remoted into another system at my office and managed to get in as admin. It appears that the only systems not able to access the admincp were at my house. After a couple hours one of those systems mysteriously was able to access the admincp page again but one of them still cannot. Interesting.

Comment