Upgrade was not successful 3.8.4 to 3.8.6 PL 1. vBulletin still thinks it is 3.8.4

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • horseUSA
    • Feb 2006
    • 3.5.x

Upgrade was not successful 3.8.4 to 3.8.6 PL 1. vBulletin still thinks it is 3.8.4

I tried to update forums but get following message. I have uploaded all 3.8.6 files to site.

However when in admin it says: Admin Control Panel (vBulletin 3.8.6 Patch Level 1)
    but vbulletin thinks it is still 3.8.4

This function will list each of your vBulletin files that is tagged with a different version than your forum is currently at, which is 3.8.4.

I get this message when trying to run upgrade again:
    Your vBulletin (3.8.4) does not appear to be running the version that was downloaded (3.8.6).

This generally means your upgrade was not successful. Please ensure that you have uploaded the latest files and click here to try again.

If you are sure you wish to continue with this part of the upgrade, click here.

Is there anything I can try to fix the forums? Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That only happens when you do not upload all the 3.8.6. Reupload the files, rerun upgrade.php and make sure that version 3.8.6 shows in the upper right-hand cornr of the page.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• horseUSA
      • Feb 2006
      • 3.5.x

ok will give that a try.

Comment

• horseUSA
        • Feb 2006
        • 3.5.x

I tried that it looks like the files in upper right show correct 3.8.6.
        What it looks like is the forum is stuck thinking it is version 3.8.4, I even tried upgrading 3.8.4 PL2 and the diagnostics screen in maintenance says version 3.8.4. When I check the files they all return that they are not associated with this version of your forums. Maybe an SQL update went bad?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Do you have any 'md5_sums_' files in the includes folder on your server other than 'md5_sums_vbulletin.php'?
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• horseUSA
            • Feb 2006
            • 3.5.x

yes i have the vbulletinsuite, don't know how that got there and vbseo

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Delete everything other than the md5_sums_vbulletin.php one and re-run the Suspect File check
              Vote for:

Comment

• horseUSA
                • Feb 2006
                • 3.5.x

ok suspect file check looks good, there are vbulletin files from the 4.0 release that i must have uploaded, would that be causing issues with the 3.8 upgrade?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Not unless they should have been overwritten by the latest version's files.
                  Vote for:

Comment

• horseUSA
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 3.5.x

ok, uploaded 3.8.6 files again and tried upgrade.php
                    still getting this:
                    HTML Code:
                    	vBulletin 3.8 Upgrade System
                    (Please be patient as some parts may take some time)

XML File Versions:

vbulletin-style.xml
                    vbulletin-settings.xml
                    vbulletin-language.xml
                    vbulletin-adminhelp.xml	

Your vBulletin (3.8.4) does not appear to be running the version that was downloaded (3.8.6).

This generally means your upgrade was not successful. Please ensure that you have uploaded the latest files and click here to try again.

If you are sure you wish to continue with this part of the upgrade, click here.
                    Any suggestions?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

That happens when you have done a partial upgrade. Make a backup of the database, then choose 'click here'.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• horseUSA
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 3.5.x

did a backup and tried the click here. still no go, the templates change, but the core vbulletin still thinks it is 3.8.4. says so in diagnostics and products.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

Did the upgrade complete? Because I do not see any way for that to happen is the upgrade completed to the end and the versions were listed as 3.8.6. If this did, then something is seriously wrong with the database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• horseUSA
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 3.5.x

the update completes and it takes me back to admin panel. the main page on admin panel says vbulletin version 3.8.6 PL1 so i don't get a warning that my version is out of date. however, when i go to the plugins/products page it still lists 3.8.4 as vbulletin version.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

Hmmm...that doesn't make sense. Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment