X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony L
    • Jul 2003

How to set a 'fulltext' search limit?

Hi all,

I'm having regular issues with freezes and the dreaded 'too many connections' database errors. I raised this as an issue with my hosting company, and they have highlighted something in the search facility (which I have set to 'Fulltext' and just about all parameters reduced from the defaults). They suggest that this query...

Code:
    # Query_time: 25  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 16004  Rows_examined: 32010
    use pinkfishmedia;
    SELECT
                                                  thread.threadid
                                                  FROM thread AS thread

INNER JOIN post AS post ON(thread.threadid = post.threadid )
                                                  WHERE MATCH(post.title, post.pagetext) AGAINST ('+linn' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND post.visible = 1;

...is returning far too much data and should have a limit set below, e.g. 'LIMIT 500', something like that. Could anyone possibly explain how I would achieve such a thing? Please go easy on me, I'm not MySQL literate, so I have not the slightest idea what I'm asking here!

Thank you.

Tony.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I really don't think that would have anything to do with 'too many connection' errors. However the best place to ask abut this would be in the Server Configuration forum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Tony L
      • Jul 2003

Thanks Steve, I've copied it to there as requested.

Tony.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...