• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keiko
    • Apr 2004

End of Life for vBulletin 3.8?

Hello,

sorry for the question.

Is there a date when no further updates are available for the 3.8 version? (Security updates/fixes)

Thanks
    Salem
    --
    [www.melissa-joan-hart.com] - [www.pannek.de] - [www.klostein.com] - [www.forenwelten.com]
  • Bob Isaac
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

One more had been promised, but I think that will be the last. I am not happy. A great deal of time is spent on vB4 and the rest of us who still pay our licences and may not want to use vB4 have been dumped.

Bob

Comment

• Keiko
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for the info. My license is expired and i'm not sure what i should do next...
      The Maintenance Pack for 200 USD/Year is very expensive and i'm not sure if i really want vBulletin 4.0

Problem: I have a small non-commercial forum (~100 active users) and i have no idea when the 5.0 version is out. I can't plan with my money...next year? 2 years? ...
      Last edited by Keiko; Thu 21 Oct '10, 2:46pm.
      Salem
      --
      [www.melissa-joan-hart.com] - [www.pannek.de] - [www.klostein.com] - [www.forenwelten.com]

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

With vB4, there are no Annual renewals - that's a one-off cost that allows you to download all updates to the vB4 series. As for vB5, no plans exist for a release date at this time...
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Garamond
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

I'd say stick with vB 3.8.x until vB5 arrives. At least. That's my philosophy at least, and my users are happier than ever using vB3.8.5, with an extreme increase in the number of users. On one of my forums where I took the plounge into the vB4 world, the tendency has been opposite. Very low activity there now

Comment

• James T Brock
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Garamond
            I'd say stick with vB 3.8.x until vB5 arrives. At least. That's my philosophy at least, and my users are happier than ever using vB3.8.5, with an extreme increase in the number of users. On one of my forums where I took the plounge into the vB4 world, the tendency has been opposite. Very low activity there now
            Whats so bad about vb4 that it would cause user activity to drop? Your comment doesn't make any sense without further info.

Comment

• 0 Seo 0
              • Apr 2009
              • 4.2.X

where is 3.8.7 ? past due or what guys ?

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

3.8.7 has not yet been released.

Comment

• GuitarBargains
                  • May 2010
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                  With vB4, there are no Annual renewals - that's a one-off cost that allows you to download all updates to the vB4 series. As for vB5, no plans exist for a release date at this time...
                  Hi Trevor,

Could I get clarification for your statement of "that's a one-off cost that allows you to download all updates to the vB4 series"? Let's say version 5 is released and a customer chooses not to upgrade, a security upgrade is then released for the latest version of 4.x.x. Are you saying that the customer can download the v4 update for no additional charge?

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

vBulletin 4 license allows ucstomers to get access to any version fo vBulletin 4 that is released.

Comment

• GuitarBargains
                      • May 2010
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                      vBulletin 4 license allows ucstomers to get access to any version fo vBulletin 4 that is released.
                      Excellent, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks

Comment

• Garamond
                        • Jul 2004
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by James T Brock
                        Whats so bad about vb4 that it would cause user activity to drop? Your comment doesn't make any sense without further info.
                        It doesn't make sense, but it's happening anyway. And I'm not alone about that either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...