Tinypic chaos - A way to delete all signature + avatar pics?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webtracker
    • Sep 2006

Tinypic chaos - A way to delete all signature + avatar pics?

Some may or may not know but Tinypic.com has killed off service to almost all international users (http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/23/tinypic-revolt/). If you host Tinypic images on your site, international users will not be able to see them.

For the past 3 years I've had my users uploading to tinypic to post images to our forum. I now have 6,500+ images that are no longer viewable to my largely international userbase (spanish speakers).

Short of a miracle from Tinypic I'm now going to have search the DB and manually upload each image to my host or a Tinypic equivalent. I'd like to start by killing off all images located in user signatures and avatars (they agreed to let me do this). Does anyone know a fast and safe way to delete every signature and avatar, resetting both features, then turning it back on again?

My goal is simply to see how many of the 6,500 images are actually sigs and avatars and go from there.

Thanks!

Oops: Using VB 3.86
    Last edited by webtracker; Thu 23 Sep '10, 5:18pm.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Avatars are stored locally, always. Signatures is 5050, do you have users using the [img] tag or [sigpic] tag?

Comment

• webtracker
      • Sep 2006

Both are being used... img and sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...