X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kabirtelecom
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

Admin ID's Login Problem

Dear . Im Use on vBB 3.8.5 Version .Fewday ago my site hacked someone, i recovered my site but one problem, my admin/member1 user ID's password not working, Im change User Name & Password But Not Work. Many time i try nut i cant solve this. Please Help me this Issue
  • IBxAnders
    • Aug 2001
    • 4.0.x

How did you change Username and Password for userid1?
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

Comment

• kabirtelecom
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.8.x

Other Admin ID & I Use Forget Password mail

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Here are the instructions on how to restore an admin account for when you cannot access the old admin account, have lost the password, got hacked, or you can't receive the lost password email from http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.com/YOUR-FORU....php?do=lostpw

Browse to your forum and log out if you aren't already. Register as a new user and login as this user.

In the vBulletin's .zip file you can find a directory called 'do_not_upload/'. Inside this directory is a file called 'tools.php'. Upload this file into your forum's admincp/ directory.

Then go to the admincp/tools.php with your browser.

At the bottom of the tools page is an option to 'Reset Admin Access'. Run it with the just newly registered username.

You have just made yourself admin. And you need this because you should now login to the admincp/ and find the user who's password you've lost. Search for this user and when found you will see the whole profile. Including a password field.

Set a new password.

Go to the main forum and log out as the new user, and try to login with the old admin account. This should work now. If it does not work contact vBulletin Support via the Members Area.

When it works, go back into the admin control panel and find the newly registered user. The profile page will have a dropdown in the top, from there select delete and delete the temporary admin.

Then delete the tools.php file. It is a potential security risk if you leave it on-line.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment