• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ashkarita
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.8.x

Strange DST/Time issue

One of my moderators sent me this:

For some reason, even though the time settings are correct and I've changed them back and forth a few times to be sure, it says that the time is and hour earlier than it actually is. But the problem is that when I was replying to a post [person] made, even though I posted after her, the post jumped in front of hers since it decided I made it an hour ago. Errr...help?!
    She said they've gone back to normal, and I've checked her account against mine and everything looks fine. Any idea what caused/could be causing this?
    Whoopdie Doo
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Server time being off, nothing else can cause that.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

The next time you are having this problem, try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if it continues. I had this happen on my site once (to me) and it was a modification causing the issue.
      Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
      define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Ashkarita
        • Feb 2003
        • 3.8.x

Thanks, I'll try that if it happens again. I think my host may have done some maintenance recently so that could have caused it. I appreciate y'all's help!
        Whoopdie Doo

Comment

• MDreamer
          • Jul 2008

Hi,

I had the same issue. its the server time as said before..

if you check you 'thread' or 'post' (can't remember..) table you'll see that the time_stamp is wrong but the parent_id(the post that is was replied to) is correct. you can fix it manually by changing the time_stamp values in the DB but i don't recommend it to someone who's not SQL guy.

I had a lot of trouble before i solved it, i needed to "prove" to my hosting service (Media-Temple) that the problem is at their side. you'll need to connect via SSH type the 'date' command, screen-shot it and send it over to you hosting server service.

Good luck
          Maayan Dreamer

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Upload the following file and then point your browser to it - you'll then get the server time.
            Attached Files
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...