X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frogdice
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.6.x

Upgrade from 3.6 to 3.8 failing repeatedly

I am trying to upgrade from 3.6 to 3.8, but every time I do so it acts like it was successful but I am still on 3.6.8 patch level 2.

I downloaded:

vbulletin_3-8-1_Patch_Level_1_VBFA879495

I unzipped it and followed the instructions.

I ran the script, it went through 5 steps, none of them failed. It then dropped me into my admin control panel, but I was still on version 3.6.8.

I then tried to upgrade only to 3.7.0, but the exact same thing happened.

HELP PLEASE! Spam register bots are killing me, and I need 3.7 or higher to stop them.
    -Michael Hartman
    Frogdice, Inc - Our Worlds, Your Imagination
    Muckbeast - Game Developer Blog
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

It should not just be going though five steps. You will go though many, many steps to upgrade up to 3.8 from 3.6

Did you make sure to upload ALL the files to your site replacing all the old ones? When you start the upgrade script, what does it say in the upper right corner (it should say a version that you are upgrading to)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Frogdice
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.6.x

Thanks Lynne. The problem was two fold:

1) I had uploaded files to the wrong directory originally. (mydomain/forums/ instead of mydomain/primordiax/forums).

2) The install instructions make weird comments about what to do with the config.php file. As a result, I overwrote my existing config.php and that made it so the forum couldn't connect to the database.

This is the line from the upgrade instructions that is really confusing:

"In this you will find config.php.new. You should rename this to config.php and then open it in a text editor."
      -Michael Hartman
      Frogdice, Inc - Our Worlds, Your Imagination
      Muckbeast - Game Developer Blog

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...