X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shohin
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

Serious problem!

Having some real trouble and I have absolutely no idea what to do. The site was running fine for a long time and suddenly I was made aware by some of the members that they could no longer post. They, and I, keep getting the same error message: The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
    I also noticed that I could not use the “smilies, and with that, I figured that there were also probably some other problems. However, I never really had a chance to investigate further as about one hour later I could no longer access the site! When I now go to the site I simply get a blank page that says;
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function cmps_template_alter() in /home1/bonsaic1/public_html/includes/functions.php(2953) : eval()'d code on line 3

I’ve not changed anything, and or added anything into my site in years so I’m totally stumped. I’m still running on 3.8.4. I’m also admittedly totally ignorant on the technicalities of updating or loading files as I’ve always paid to have it done, or was lucky enough to have gotten some help in the past. At this point in time I’m really desperate here! Help!!
  • dodgeboard.com
    • Nov 2005
    • 4.0.x

Looks like a problem with vBadvanced

Admin CP => vBa CMPS => Diagnostics

Does that link return any errors? And what version of the CMPS are you running?

Do you have vBa Dynamics installed?

You might try asking about this over at vBadvanced.

How about a link to your site?

Comment

• shohin
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

The link to my site is: www.bonsaichat.net
      However, the only way I can access it now is by: http://www.bonsaichat.net/forums.php
      which is the Forum page. The odd thing, to me at least, is that you can still go to the Home page by clicking on the “Home” button on the navbar which is: www.bonsaichat.net !!??

I tried as you suggested with the Admin CP CMPS and everything says: OK
      I realize that this forum has nothing to do with vBadvanced CMPS, but for sake of clarity I’m running version 3.2.1. I’ve not yet tried posting this problem there, but do you think that it may indeed be a CMPS issue?

To my surprise I got a new member today, but he obviously must have gotten in through a link via Google and came in through the back door as it were, and obviously not through the normal site address as it of course no longer works. Of course he’ll probably never return as the site is currently useless and dead in the water. Any further suggestions other than contacting vBadvanced?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

You need to get support from vBAdvanced for this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function cmps_template_alter()

However, I'd suggest that you download a fresh copy of the files then upload them again to your server.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment