Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TitanJeff
    • May 2002

Getting "invalid files" error when uploading avatar

I just updated to 3.8.6 and all seems fine except users are unable to upload custom avatars. They are getting an "invalid file" error using avs they'd previously used successfully. I'm guessing there is an invalid link or something but wanted to ask here.

Thanks.
  • TitanJeff
    • May 2002

Asking again. This has to be something which happened during upgrade. Any ideas?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TitanJeff
        • May 2002

I had to find someone to do my update so not really technically-savvy enough to do what you've instructed. I did do the config.php change and the problem still exists so I know it isn't a hack conflict.

Thanks for your help but do you have any other suggestions before I have to hire someone to troubleshoot this?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket at: http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TitanJeff
            • May 2002

Will do. Thanks.

Comment

• Sierraee
              • Nov 2009
              • 3.7.x

I am having the same issue but I am running 4.03 I am also not tech savy enough to do what you asked in the above post. Suggestions? Can I submit a support ticket as well? (dont want to without being directed to by the powers that be! )

Comment

• MagicDeckVortex
                • Jun 2007
                • 3.8.x

Can anyone link me to the support ticket for this?
                Owner and webmaster of www.magicdeckvortex.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...