How to change the 50 character wrapping limit with the url bbcode tag?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NolFito
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.8.x

How to change the 50 character wrapping limit with the url bbcode tag?

I would like to change the value before wrapping the url bbcode tags. At the moment links with more than 50 characters get wrapped and add a ...

so http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?311968-vB4.1-Forum-VM-SG-Album-and-Blog-permissions-and-moderation
    becomes http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...and-moderation

I wan't to change that value to show more/less characters. I have tried altering "Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text" in the ACP options but it doesn't seem to influence how the url tag behave. Is there an option to accomplish what I need?

Thanks
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it!' -Team Skunkworkssigpic
    "I was a Hidden Treasure and loved to be known. Therefore I created the Creation that I might be known"
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• NolFito
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.8.x

Thanks for the reply Trevor
      "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it!' -Team Skunkworkssigpic
      "I was a Hidden Treasure and loved to be known. Therefore I created the Creation that I might be known"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...