X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moke
    • Feb 2006
    • 3.5.x

Having an issue on our fansite forum

Hello! I am co admin for a forum at www.stillnsync.com/board. This software has been installed for over a year without a problem. I posted a thread earlier today and this afternoon went back and I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function query_first_slave() on a non-object in /home/nsync908/public_html/stillnsync/board/includes/functions.php on line 2021

I attempted a databse fix from the Control panel but that did nothing. I also spoke to tech support at our host site, who had no clue but pointed me here.

I've done a google search but didn't find anything that fixes this issue. Does anyone know what this means, what causes it and how it can be fixed?

Many thanks in advance!

Moke
  • Micronichos
    • Jun 2010

I don't if this should be the correct answer, but I'd reupload original files (don't forget to make a backup first)
    I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

• Moke
      • Feb 2006
      • 3.5.x

Thanks. I don't usually mess around with these files so I'm nervous to just go uploading things. Trying to locate the admin but she is out of reach.

Comment

• Micronichos
        • Jun 2010

For testing thinks like this it's very useful to have ssh access. If it don't work, you can restore it in a few secs. Much faster than uploading a lot of files by FTP.

tar -cvf backup.tar public_html

to restore:

tar xvf backup.tar
        I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

• icarusforde
          • Feb 2009
          • 3.8.x

Has this happened after adding a new modification/plugin?

Disable products & stuff globally like this:

Edit your config.php file (found in /includes/config.php) to have this code below the <?php line (right at the top)

PHP Code:
          define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
          Then reupload and see if the problem still occurs.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...