Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Fancy
    • Oct 2009

Moving COPPA to Registered User

We have had some members with birthdays who are now over 13, also one member who entered her birthdate wrong and we changed it for her.

Since moving the members to Registered User, the COPPA message still remains in the Admin panel User Profile. Also, they have a message that states:

When you make changes to this profile, your Parent / Guardian will be notified by email.

If you are over the age of 13, you should not be seeing this message. Please contact the administrator with your username, and your account will be changed.

To print out a new permissions form, please click the button below.
    I don't seem to be able to fix this. Also, there is no COPPA box checked in their user profile. I read somewhere to be sure that is not checked and it is not.

Any suggestions?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

So, if you go to find the user in the admin cp and you see the user screen, they have Primary Usergroup set to Registered users and no Additional Groups? And, their birthday clearly makes them over 13? And, Coppa User is set to No? And there is no Parent Email Address?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Little Fancy
      • Oct 2009

Thank you so much for replying.

I did not realize there was a COPPA radio box, in addition to the checkbox for user group. I found it after I posted this. The users no longer have the COPPA message.

Thanks again!

Comment

• LadyImmortal
        • Jun 2005

Thanks so much Lynne - I know this was ages ago but you totally answered my question! I just wanted to say these older posts are still greatly appreciated!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...