X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carl-NC
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.8.x

General question

I know that there are web sites that can analyze your PC and tell what kind of hardware you are running. Does vB keep track of that kind of info, or would the server logs contain the info?

The reason I ask is that one of my forum users complained that another user posted his exact hardware info, and he's concerned that my vB security may be compromised. I would have doubted this info is kept even in the server logs, but for safety I changed all my passwords.
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

vBulletin as a forum software, does NOT collect any hardware information of users. The only information that is collected is IP addresses and email addresses entered by the users.

There's nothing even close inside of VB (by default) that could gain in-depth details of a user's hardware specification.

For the server logs; not possible either. (At most, the user's IP address, referring website, browser type/OS type...)

Note: There are ways for people to get information like this in other manners, but not directly through vBulletin itself.
    To be updated...

Comment

• Carl-NC
      • Jun 2004
      • 3.8.x

I thought as much... thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...