Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldford
    • Jul 2003

Moderating threads in certain forum by usergroup

I have one forum where I'd like to have all new threads moderated, except those made by a certain usergroup. I would like all members to be able to make posts, but only this one usergroup to be able to start new threads.

Currently I have that forum set to moderate all new threads.
    Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Moderate Threads -> Yes

But this moderates new threads for all usergroups. How do I set a specific usergroup to not be moderated?

Thanks!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

There isn't an option to only moderate the threads from one usergroup. You would have to write a modification to do that.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• oldford
      • Jul 2003

Really? It was working prior to upgrading to 3.8. It's possible I modified some code way back when, but there was no product or plugin for it.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

The forum permissions are working as intended, as far as I can think of there was no way to do this otherwise, its possible you actually modified some code.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

You can set it so one usergroup may not be moderated and the other groups are moderated. However, it is for ALL posts - thread starting posts and reply posts. The setting is called Follow Forum Moderation Rules and you can find it in Forum Permissions > find the forum > select the usergroup. But, I was under the impression from your first post, that you want all replies to be unmoderated and only thread starting posts to be moderated and that isn't an option.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• oldford
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Lynne
            But, I was under the impression from your first post, that you want all replies to be unmoderated and only thread starting posts to be moderated and that isn't an option.
            Correct. I only want to restrict starting new threads, not replying to existing threads.

I'll head over the vb.org and see if anyone knows where to tweak the code to get it back the way I had it prior to 3.8.

Thanks!

Comment

• oldford
              • Jul 2003

OK, got it sorted. I did have to hack the code before. I went 4 yrs back through old emails and found the solution. Still works fine for vb 3.8

I posted at vb.org: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2051602

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Glad you figured it out and posted the solution.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...