X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cykelmyggen
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.5.x

Dropdowns stopped working

Suddenly all my dropdowns in postbit and other places stopped working. I could need some help to point me in some direction to a solution to this. I guess it's javascript related, or...? I've tried to disable recently installed/updated plugins with no effects so far.
    http://www.boggnasker.dk/vbforums/
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• cykelmyggen
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.5.x

What I found out so far by following your guidelines:
      Disabling pluginsystem doesn't remove error
      Making as new non-inherited style removes error
      Must be my custom style causing the error as far as I can see?
      Don't know where to look for the exact error-source, though.
      As I still was running a 3.8.4. I upgraded to 3.8.5 thus overwriting existing files as recomended - didn't remove error

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

If they're in the postbit then have a look at the posbit/postbit_legacy code to see what's missing from them compared to the default code. You may need to revert the template then re-apply any changes back to it.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• cykelmyggen
          • Oct 2006
          • 3.5.x

I reverted the footer-template as i supected this one due to a certain js-script inserted at a former occasion. It seems like this solved my problems. Thanks for your help :-)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...