Upgraded to 3.8.5, "New Thread" botton not working...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ransclan.com
    • May 2009
    • 3.8.x

Upgraded to 3.8.5, "New Thread" botton not working...

Hi VB folks,

Can someone help me with this? I just upgraded to 3.8.5 and everything works fine except when I go to click on "New Thread". When I click on this button I get this error (in Internet Explorer)...

I'm not sure what to check or what to change to make this button work. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Forums located here... http://www.ransclan.com/forums

PS...I just noticed that I get the same screen when I click on "User CP" Weird...

Mark
    Last edited by ransclan.com; Mon 24 May '10, 9:43am. Reason: added info
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

What error?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• ransclan.com
      • May 2009
      • 3.8.x

Thanks for the reply Trevor. I am not getting an error code with this one.

Let's say I click on the User CP link. It will try to load this address in the browser...http://www.ransclan.com/forums/usercp.php

But that's it. Nothing happens. I just get the screen as shown above. I thought this might be a server issue, but the server checked and he said all is fine there.

So in my (very) beginner knowledge, clicking on the "New Thread" link and the "User CP" link seem to point the browser to a page that is not there.

I truly appreciate yours (and anyone else's) time in helping me figure this out!

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

Maybe you could try uploading the newthread.php and usercp.php files again and check that there is such files on the server before you do this?
        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• ransclan.com
          • May 2009
          • 3.8.x

Wow! I uploaded just the User CP file again and everything now works. Even the New Thread button! I don't know if it's related or 'healed' itself but thanks a ton for the idea to upload that file again!

This forum rocks for help!

Thanks guys

Comment

• ransclan.com
            • May 2009
            • 3.8.x

AARRGH!!! It's back! I'm having the same problem except now none of the threads work! I'm not getting an error message, but any forum I click on it loads the generic screen as shown above.

I just re-uploaded the entire 3.8.5 upgrade thinking that maybe that would fix it but it did nothing to correct this problem. Everything was working great and just all of the sudden it stopped working.

Again...PLEASE help!! The forum is located here...http://www.ransclan.com/forums

Thanks...

Comment

• Loco.M
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

what is your PHP limit set to?
              you can see this in your admincp
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• ransclan.com
                • May 2009
                • 3.8.x

My admin control panel indicates PHP 5.2.12 with a PHP limit at 32.00 MB

Comment

• ransclan.com
                  • May 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Update on this weird problem. Yesterday, I walked away from the computer for a few hours, came back, and everythign worked. I didn't do anything to fix it. Now this morning, i'm having the same issues again.

When this happens and goes to the "can't load" screen, it says any of these may be the problem...

"This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
                  • Internet connectivity has been lost.
                  • The website is temporarily unavailable.
                  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
                  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
                  • There might be a typing error in the address.
                  • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section."
                  The only possible ones from teh list may be that the DNS is not reachable, does not have a listing, or the website is temporaily unavailable.

So do you guys think it could be something like the forums exceeding the bandwidth of the server? Or not enough space on the server? It would seem logical that it has something to do with a setting or connetion to the server. Maybe?

Thanks again guys...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...