X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertGirl
    • Apr 2010
    • 3.8.x

Restricting a user to one subforum

Hi! I'm new, so please excuse my newbie questions. I'm combed the admin but cannot find an option to restrict one user to just one subforum on my board. This is effectively almost completely banning him...

Does anybody know how I can do that?

Many thanks!
  • sven4o
    • Feb 2010
    • 3.8.x

You can set create a new user group from your vBuleltin admin panel->Usergroups->Add New Usergroup. Then you can move your user in this new user group and change the forum permissions from the vBuleltin admin panel->Usergroups->Forum Permissions.
    SiteGround Technical Support Team Member.
    Check out our special vBulletin hosting package.

Comment

• DesertGirl
      • Apr 2010
      • 3.8.x

Hi and thanks! I've created the new usergroup. I'm still having issues editing the forum permissions for that user group, meaning defining that users under this usergroup can only view xy forum. Though as an interim solution I can add the user to the new group, and individually strip him from viewing/accessing all other forums except the desired one.

Though, with this option it said: make sure you have your 'access mask on' before attempting to do this....what is an access mask?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...