Currently Active Users Bogus Names Showing as "Members"......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trent Roberson
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

Currently Active Users Bogus Names Showing as "Members"......

When logged in as Administrator and view Currently Active Users, 4 names currently show as "Members". One of them is my Username.

The other three are bogus and are NOT members of any Usergoup even though they display as "Members".

Other than names approved and assigned to Usergroups, are there other lists I am overlooking?

I have a screen shot but would need to provide via a secure/private communication.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Trent Roberson
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Not a member of any usergroup? So you are saying they aren't even members of the site? Then where are the names coming from? I don't suppose they are names like Radian 6, or Cuil Spider, or Yahoo Slurp! or such?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Trent Roberson
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.6.x

As noted in my post, "Currently Active Users" displays:

21 (4 Members and 17 Guests)
      MyUsername, xxxname, xxxname, xxxname

(xxxname is not the real username)

MyUsername is the only valid one. The others are NOT listed in ANY Usergroups. I've looked in all of them and the names displayed are NOT among them.

That's the issue......WHY are they showing as Members? That designation, based on the "What's Going On" nomenclature suggests that thesystem recognizes them as Members.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Can you click on the names? Have you tried disabling your modifications and seen if they go away?
        Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Trent Roberson
          • Oct 2006
          • 3.6.x

Yes.....Usernames are clickable. When following the bogus ones, the profile window does open like with a regular member.

I will have to look into the modifications you suggested and go accordingly. Not done that one yet.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Can you search on the username in your admin cp? If the name is clickable, the it sounds like it is an actual user.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...