X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gladius
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.8.x

Is Q&A verification case-sensitive?

Simple question, but I can't find an answer anywhere in Human Verification Manager... you'd think someone would have thought that this is kinda essential to know.

So do I need to have a bunch of answers to cover all the possible CaSe spellings of answers, or will TWO work as an aswer when "two" is the answer that's set?
    Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

It should not be case sensitive.

Comment

• Gladius
      • Dec 2002
      • 3.8.x

Well I can go as far as maybe myself as I didn't actually test it, but can you give me a definite answer on this? "Shouldn't be" doesn't really do it...
      Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

It is not case sensitive. There was another thread about this and I think David pointed out the lines of code that would need to be changed if you wanted it to be case sensitive.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Gladius
          • Dec 2002
          • 3.8.x

Thanks... whoever is responsible for the admin CP help should really include this piece of information in the Q&A help.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

It says this in the Help for the answer:
            Answer
            The answer may be any string that you wish to be matched. The case of the answer is not evaluated so you can not require the answer to match exactly if you use uppercase within the answer.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Gladius
              • Dec 2002
              • 3.8.x

I assume that's in v4? This is what it says in 3.8.5:

A random question will be displayed to the user when a form requiring verification is displayed. The user must provide an answer that matches an answer that has been associated with the question. An incorrect answer will require the user to try again with a new randomly selected question.

Comment

• Gladius
                • Dec 2002
                • 3.8.x

Actually, I see what the problem is... the text you mentioned does appear, but only when you go edit an actual answer or add a new one... if you click on the general Answers help at verify.php?do=modifyquestion&questionid=X, you get the info for the Questions and RegExp, but nothing on Answers, nor does it list anything in the Action Specific Topics on the subject of Answers. That's a bug or an oversight, but there's a lot of this sort of thing in the ACP...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...