Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cynthia
    • Oct 2001

3.8 Blogs

I have tried what I've found in threads about where to purchase the blogs feature for vB 3.8 and I can't find it. Would someone plese point me to it? Thanks.

~Cynthia
    Eat Your Veggies
  • terryfavors
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

I don't think that is available for purchase now.

Comment

• Cynthia
      • Oct 2001

Oh no!
      Last edited by Cynthia; Tue 13 Apr '10, 6:04am.
      Eat Your Veggies

Comment

• Cynthia
        • Oct 2001

Is there a thread somewhere announcing this?
        Eat Your Veggies

Comment

• MoMan
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.8.x

Nope- but I contacted the staff and they said it wasn't. It also won't be released as a free add-on (as was originally announced). Indeed unfortunate Wish you guys would do something about this.
          Adam

Admin of PentaxForums.com, premiere photography forum for Pentax users (Big-Board).

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Originally posted by MoMan
            It also won't be released as a free add-on (as was originally announced).
            Where and when was that said?
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Cynthia
              • Oct 2001

Thanks Moman.

Trevor, can you confirm this? Is it true the Blogs feature is no longer available for 3.x?
              Eat Your Veggies

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

The Blogs feature has been discontinued for versions older than vB4. This was announced in the release of vB4 Gold.
                That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

It's not possible to buy the Blog product other than for and with the vB4 Publishing Suite as per the many announcements and discussions held over the last 6 months or so.
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• MoMan
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3.8.x

By a staff member quite a while ago- it might have even been Kier. I don't recall exactly.

I don't understand why you guys are preventing us from acquiring the blog for 3.8 when most of us (like myself) have a 4.0 license and are running 3.8, and have been customers for several years. Any possibility of changing this policy or making an exception? I have a very large site which is running a highly customized installation of 3.8, and moving to 4.0 would pretty much kill a bunch of features rather than being an upgrade at this time.

Thanks,

Adam
                    Adam

Admin of PentaxForums.com, premiere photography forum for Pentax users (Big-Board).

Comment

• Cynthia
                      • Oct 2001

I understand the decision was made to take the Blog product off the market. But I agree with MoMan. Could you not sell the Blog feature for vB3.8 to those of us who have purchased 4.0? I fully intend to upgrade to 4.0 at some point but right now it is not possible and we do need the Blog feature.
                      Eat Your Veggies

Comment

• Anthony89
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 3.8.x

New customers with a 4.0 Publishing Suit license should get access to the 3.8 blogs, IMO.

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

There was never any announcement about 3.8 blogs being available for free, that was project tools.

That said, I have to say that the "discussions" that took place over the discontinuing of the blogs for 3.8 amounted to "we are discontinuing them, like it or not, hard luck". There is never any consultation with customers on these matters, it's just "get everyone onto 4.0 at any cost". Well, some of us aren't going to.

Luckily I had already bought the blog for 3.8. Not that anyone uses it, don't waste your money. It's nicely coded but badly integrated and nobody even knows it's there. And it's no better on 4.0.

Nobody will ever use blogs until they show up as a content type in Today's Posts/New Posts. Since that's never going to happen, it's all a waste of space.
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------
                          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Loco.M
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                            It's not possible to buy the Blog product other than for and with the vB4 Publishing Suite as per the many announcements and discussions held over the last 6 months or so.
                            not true
                            you can buy a used vb/blog license and get the 3.8 blog
                            as well as access it in your downloads if you buy the whole 4.0 package
                            -- Web Developer for hire
                            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Cynthia
                              • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Loco.M
                              not true
                              you can buy a used vb/blog license and get the 3.8 blog
                              as well as access it in your downloads if you buy the whole 4.0 package
                              And how would you I about doing that? Where would I purchase a used vB license with the 3.8 blog product?
                              Eat Your Veggies

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...