• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TalkBaja
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

CIDR IP Banning *Redux*

Hi Gang,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before...

We were wondering if it might have been implemented in the meantime. Tried it on 3.8.3 and it didn't appear to work.

So if not, it's "htaccess or directly edit the iptables/httpd.conf" and we "can already block approximately multiples of ten (actually 10-100-256-2560-25600-51200-etc.)"... Not quite following that number progression nor do I see how to enter it like that.

The only guidance I see so far in the ACP is "...If you enter a partial IP (243.21.11. or 243.21.11), any IPs that begin with the partial IP will be banned...You may also use an '*' as a wildcard for increased flexibility...be very careful..."
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

As far as I know we havent added CIDR ip banning and there are no plans at this time to do so in the future.

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

CIDR banning does not exist in vBulletin.
      If you want such a feature, you should try out Carnage- 's Advanced IP Ban manager hack.
      That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...