Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

As Paul said, disabling Ajax could disable things like the Mark Forums Read script, which uses Ajax if I remember correctly.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• boggseric
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Paul M
      Disabling ajax will give you a security token error in some cases - thats a known bug in 3.8.5
      The person who answered our ticket sure didn't know this. It is now up on the bug tracker.

Comment

• boggseric
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
        As Paul said, disabling Ajax could disable things like the Mark Forums Read script, which uses Ajax if I remember correctly.
        It only disables the one in the Forum Tools dropdown, the other Mark Forum As Read links still work.

Comment

• Merjawy
          • Sep 2002

This did not do it for me.. still have the error.. What gets me is changing a line that starts with td or tr if I remember with a line that starts with <a ..... which makes the box looks messed up..

Anyway I followed the steps and no luck... Marking forums read works fine on my vbportal page but not on forum
          To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
          My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
          CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
          Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
            • Sep 2009
            • 3.8.x

You are editing the wrong template. This works for everyone, so clearly you are not following the instructions right.
            That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Merjawy
              • Sep 2002

No I am not editing the wrong template mate

nevermind... I managed it at last.. I just did a copy and paste of the two lines from the default style to mine

Thanks
              To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
              My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
              CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
              Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

lol.

Glad you got it working

btw, updated the OP so it's laid out better and Lynne kindly changed the thread title so you can see it better (I put a gun to her head to make her do it. lol *sarcasm*)

Comment

• Kihon Kata
                  • Nov 2003

Worked for me
                  Makeup Cosmetics Beauty Forums
                  1.5 million posts!

Comment

• RideHarder
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 3.8.x

I tried everything for two hours and still cannot come up with a fix. WWW.SPEEDAHOLIC.NET anybody got any ideas.. this is the template I am using http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...214585&page=18 ..

Comment

• jtech77
                      • Aug 2009

My install has this code already?

<a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a>

on forumhome but it still doesnt let users mark forums read, ill try the next step!

Comment

• jtech77
                        • Aug 2009

OK I dont have the second code with menucontrol either How can I fix this?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 3.8.x

The instructions are all in post #1, clearly you are not editing the right templates.

Comment

• RideHarder
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 3.8.x

If you run across your fix before me let me know..

I edited every template that was explained on post one.

Comment

• RideHarder
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 3.8.x

In day two and still cannot get it..

FORUMDISPLAY

I don't think the codes here but I see mark_forum

</a></td></tr></if>
                              <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read($foruminfo[forumid]);">$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a></td></tr>
                              <tr>

I have one in the FORUMHOME

<td class="tfoot" align="center" colspan="<if condition="$vboptions['showmoderatorcolumn']">6<else />5</if>"><div class="smallfont"><strong>
                              <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a>
                              <if condition="$vboptions['forumleaders']">&nbsp; &nbsp;
                              <a href="showgroups.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[view_forum_leaders]</a></if>
                              </strong></div></td>

I have one in the header

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
                              </if>
                              </if>
                              <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a></td>
                              <if condition="$show['member']">
                              <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#" onclick="window.open('misc.php?$session[sessionurl]do=buddylist&amp;focus=1','buddylist','statusbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,r esizable=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">$vbphrase[open_contacts]</a></td>
                              </if>
                              </if>
                              $template_hook[navbar_buttons_right]
                              <if condition="$show['member']">

These are all the codes that I have and I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I changed both of those ones to the correct code shown below
                              <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a>
                              Last edited by RideHarder; Sat 1 May '10, 2:53am.

Comment

• jupiter5
                                • Oct 2007

I did first message instructions. Forumhome security token fail solved but navbar(my header template) problem still continue.

Any idea?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...