Invalid Security Token Error on Mark Forums Read for vBulletin 3.8.5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DieselMinded
    • Mar 2007

Is this something else that was left out of 3.8.5 ?

My members reported this issue to me about 20 times , i looked at the template history to see if i missed a security token when updating my modified templates and indeed i did , i added the token lines of code from the new default 3.8.5 template to my template and the issue went away . is there additional coding required to fix this ?
    http://www.dieselbombers.com

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

If they are not allowing javascript/ajax then it can fail in a couple of places - see the original bug report.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• DieselMinded
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
        Because it just isn't. By default, un-modified forumhome, navbar templates should get the hash added, but modified templates don't get the hash added.

There is no need to have the script working, in fact, you could double click your forummarkers to mark the forum read.
        i dont see the point of this thread or this comment , any modified template don't get updated template coding applied to it unless you revert or do it manually

Im lost as to why this hasnt been pointed out on this thread and why the thread is a sticky.

if your not using default templates and a change is made on new versions and you dont revert or update your custom templates then your not running the new template your still running you old outdated and hacked one
        http://www.dieselbombers.com

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
          • Sep 2009
          • 3.8.x

The thread is a sticky to stop people from creating "I can't mark my forums read with the link" threads.
          That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• TJH4384
            • May 2007
            • 3.6.x

Worked perfect thank you

Comment

• ann
              • May 2008

I did the update to both templates, but the Mark Forums Read from the Quick Links dropdown still throws the error. Should this fix work right away after updating the template, or do I need to do anything else? It works fine for the Forum Tools dropdown. Also, our members are reporting that they are getting this error when sending a pm. Does anyone know what I should do to fix that?

Thank you very much for any assistance.

Comment

• rolfw
                • Apr 2004

Thanks, solved my problem on mark posts read on Forumhome, much obliged.

But as Ann says above, still a problem with the quicklinks drop down action, hadn't noticed that previously.

Rolf
                Last edited by rolfw; Sun 28 Mar '10, 1:20pm.

Comment

• ann
                  • May 2008

I found the answer to the Quick Links. There is another line in the navbar template that has the mark read option, so that line needed to be updated as well. (I compared the navbar template against the default and did a search for "markread".)

However, I am not sure how to fix the issue members have been reporting with this error happening after trying to send a pm. Does anyone know how I can fix that? Thank you!

Comment

• jtech77
                    • Aug 2009

I am confused and don't want to upgrade, why can't it just work ?
                    Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
                    If you've upgraded to vBulletin 3.8.5 and can't mark your forums read, please see this thread. It will fix the error.

There is an easy solution to fixing this. In 3.8.5, the mark forum read script requires a hash that seemly does not get entered in any styles that have been modified.

In your forumhome template, find the following code:
                    Code:
                    <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a>
                    Replace it with this:
                    Code:
                    <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a>
                    In your navbar template (twice), find this code:
                    Code:
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a></td>
                    And replace with this:
                    Code:
                    <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&amp;markreadhash=$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a>
                    Hope this fixes your error. If a mod wants to sticky this, I am welcome to you to do so.

Homeworld'sa

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by locachica
                      I am confused and don't want to upgrade, why can't it just work ?
                      It will just work if you have a default style - if you have modified you style then you have to accept that you may have to make manual changes, thats always been the case.
                      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Bleed0ut
                        • Aug 2009

I have a Mark All Forums Read link in another module on my forums (which because of the hash isn't working properly.) Unfortunatly the module can't read $bbuserinfo[securitytoken] Is there a way to get around this or make it work?

Thanks

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 3.8.x

If the hash code doesn't work, your vB might not be working correctly. I can't advise on the best course of action on this
                          (Thanks to those who've got this working)
                          That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• acwatts
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.8.x

So if we revert these templates can we then ad our custom code back and everything will be OK, or can we no longer customise. ?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 3.8.x

yes, you can put the code back.

Comment

• RedHotChili
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 3.8.x

Good work, Homeworld'sa.

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...