X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CamJM
    • May 2007
    • 3.6.x

Checking for spam in 'Visitor Messages' of user profiles

Hi, We came across a spam message as a visitor message in one of our user's profile pages and was just wondering if there is a simple way to check these for all users without having to go into individual profiles one by one.

Thanks, Cam
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Don't believe so

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

As an Admin/Mod, you can go to your User CP > Moderation > New Items > Visitor Messages and view all new visitor messages.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• CamJM
        • May 2007
        • 3.6.x

Thanks for the advise however I do not see the same options as stated above. Once I go into Moderation I don't see New Items. I do see Moderate Visitor Messages however when I go into it I get No Messages Awaiting Moderation.

Is there any option setting that I need to alter to change what information is to be moderated?

Thanks, Cam

Comment

• Jazzyname
          • Dec 2008
          • 3.8.x

You can select that Visitor messages be moderated in options.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by CamJM
            Thanks for the advise however I do not see the same options as stated above. Once I go into Moderation I don't see New Items. I do see Moderate Visitor Messages however when I go into it I get No Messages Awaiting Moderation.

Is there any option setting that I need to alter to change what information is to be moderated?

Thanks, Cam
            I am not talking about in the Admin CP or Moderator CP. I'm talking about going to your site and clicking on User CP. Then in the left column is a heading "Moderation" and there should be three things under that - Deleted Items, Moderated Items, and New Items - and each of them is a dropdown.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• CamJM
              • May 2007
              • 3.6.x

My apologies, I misred the original solution. Just went on automatic pilot to the AdminCP.

These are empty at the moment as well which I presume is a result of moderation options. I can't find how to change these for visitor messages anywhere! Even the vbulletin manual gave me no insight.

Comment

• AntonLargiader
                • Dec 2009

For stuff like that I go outside vBulletin. I use HeidiSQL and can view the data tables like spreadsheets. Sort by whatever you want, including the message body, and it's easy to see them. That's how I found that someone had spammed all of the other users (in this case it was PMs) with the same message.

Whenever possible, though, make your changes from within vBulletin. For instance, go to that user's profile, delete all of the PMs, sent PMs, sent VMs, albums, etc.

EDIT: this is in response to the original question of how to check the VMs without having to visit everyone's profile.
                My VB forum: BMWRA

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...