X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cloverfield
    • Aug 2008
    • 3.7.x

How can I extend license??

Hi everyone, several months ago I was promoted to Administrator on a forum as the owner got bored of the game the forum was based on. Unfortunately, it looks like he has completely gone. He hasn't been online in over 3 months and he hasn't replied to any email (probably a false email add) that I have sent him. I fear that the license will end in May and that the community we currently have will be over. Is there a way that I can extend the license or find out if he got a permanent license or something as the members on the forum are upset that it's just gonna be gone soon just because the owner has left.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you're running 3.8 then as long as it's not a leased license, you will be able to run the software for life. However, unless you renew, you won't get access to any updates after the expiry of your license.

If you can't reach him, then you can purchase your own license and overwrite the files with those from your own license. Unless the files have been modified in anyway, this will have no effect on your forum and you can carry on running as normal.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Cloverfield
      • Aug 2008
      • 3.7.x

Is it possible to transfer the posts and members from one forum to another? If so, how?

Comment

• Cloverfield
        • Aug 2008
        • 3.7.x

Bump

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Are we talking vB to vB? There isn't a vb4 to vb4 importer, what exactly are you trying to do?

Comment

• Cloverfield
            • Aug 2008
            • 3.7.x

I am admin of a vb 3.8 license, however the owner has left and no one can get in contact with him. I fear it is a leased license he bought meaning the forum will expire in May (thats one year). To save all the members being upset, I have asked for donations and I will buy a new vb 4.0 license myself but want to transfer all the posts and members from the 3.8 forum to the new 4.0 forum.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Overwrite the Leased files with the new license files and point to the existing database - the database isn't licensed, it's the installed files that are covered by the license.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• terryfavors
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                If you're running 3.8 then as long as it's not a leased license, you will be able to run the software for life. However, unless you renew, you won't get access to any updates after the expiry of your license.

If you can't reach him, then you can purchase your own license and overwrite the files with those from your own license. Unless the files have been modified in anyway, this will have no effect on your forum and you can carry on running as normal.
                How much to renew the 3.85 owned license?

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

There is no way to renew an owned license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...