How to add rights to moderator to delete threads and users?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toplisek
    • Jan 2006

• ENF
    • Apr 2002

Originally posted by toplisek
    For users, that would require access to the AdminCP. As a general rule, mods can forward a request to the site administrators to handle user account modification/deletion.

For Moderator access; if you have a large site, then you may want to create a group for this and then assign that group rights for each user through the Forum Permissions settings. After you add a new group, you can then assign them rights under the Forum Permissions menu in the AdminCP. There is a default moderator user group that you can use, but you still need to assign then rights through the Forum Permissions manager. You can then assign members to be a member of the Moderator group, thus giving them moderator powers.

Create A Group: AdminCP -> Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup
    Modify Group Forum Permissions: AdminCP -> Forum & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Otherwise, you can assign moderator rights to indivdual users through the forum setup menu. For each forum, you can "Add a Moderator" and give them specific rights.

For a single user: AdminCP -> Forum & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Select Category or Sing Forum -> In the far right Moderator Column, Click the drop down menu and choose "Add Moderator".

Couple of notes otherwise:

- Usually not a good idea to give a moderator rights to 'hard delete' threads & posts. Soft delete allows the deletion to be reversed as where a 'hard' delete cannot be reversed.
    - Again, regular moderators do not [usually] get access to the AdminCP to manage user accounts.
    - If you have a number of moderators, it's a good idea to conduct timely reviews of the moderator action logs to keep an eye on what moderators are doing.

Good luck.

EDIT: Adding a moderator, vB Manual: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m..._add_moderator
    To be updated...

Comment

• toplisek
      • Jan 2006

Where is defined privilege for moderator to Delete user?
      Where is defined setting to Remove Thread or messages within thread?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

ENF just told you what you should do. Read his post again.
        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

ENF just told you how:
          Originally posted by ENF
          For users, that would require access to the AdminCP. As a general rule, mods can forward a request to the site administrators to handle user account modification/deletion.

For Moderator access; if you have a large site, then you may want to create a group for this and then assign that group rights for each user through the Forum Permissions settings. After you add a new group, you can then assign them rights under the Forum Permissions menu in the AdminCP. There is a default moderator user group that you can use, but you still need to assign then rights through the Forum Permissions manager. You can then assign members to be a member of the Moderator group, thus giving them moderator powers.

Create A Group: AdminCP -> Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup
          Modify Group Forum Permissions: AdminCP -> Forum & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Otherwise, you can assign moderator rights to indivdual users through the forum setup menu. For each forum, you can "Add a Moderator" and give them specific rights.

For a single user: AdminCP -> Forum & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Select Category or Sing Forum -> In the far right Moderator Column, Click the drop down menu and choose "Add Moderator".

Couple of notes otherwise:

- Usually not a good idea to give a moderator rights to 'hard delete' threads & posts. Soft delete allows the deletion to be reversed as where a 'hard' delete cannot be reversed.
          - Again, regular moderators do not [usually] get access to the AdminCP to manage user accounts.
          - If you have a number of moderators, it's a good idea to conduct timely reviews of the moderator action logs to keep an eye on what moderators are doing.

Good luck.

EDIT: Adding a moderator, vB Manual: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m..._add_moderator

Comment

• toplisek
            • Jan 2006

Hi, can you please give me snap where is checkbox to set my custom user group and give permission TO DELETE USERS.
            I have done all with:

But I do not see checkbox that allows this permission. Need help sorry...

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Its not possib le for moderators to delete users.

Comment

• toplisek
                • Jan 2006

I have copied SUPER moderator.
                Is this possible?

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Its not possible for anyone but administrators to delete users.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...