Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brettxw
    • Feb 2009

Question about vbulletin renewal.

My vbulletin 1 year is up, I have purchased an owned license but I would still like to get vbulletin updates for 3.8, I can't find an option to add another year of support or anything. Or is 3.8 done with for updates?
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

There will be a VB3.8.5 coming out in March, but I guess in order to download product updates [not security fixes] you'll need to buy a new license. This will give you access to VB3.8 updates as well as the new VB4 series.
    To be updated...

Comment

• brettxw
      • Feb 2009

I would think a renewal license for the 3.8 series would be cheaper then the 4 series?

Comment

• ENF
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by brettxw
        I would think a renewal license for the 3.8 series would be cheaper then the 4 series?
        There's no 'renewal' fee anymore. Unlike, previously, where you could renew support each year, you just buy 1 license which gives you upgrades for the life of the product. This is a new system brought out when VB4 was announced in Q4 last year.

I moved my licenses to VB4 for the $160 deal back in October 2009, so I don't know if or what benefit is available to those who need to upgrade from a VB3.8 license to a VB4. (But in order to receive VB3.8 updates, with an expired VB3.8 owned license, you will need to buy the new license either way.)

There's a ton of argument over this policy, which you can easily search out all over this forum.
        To be updated...

Comment

• brettxw
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ENF
          There's no 'renewal' fee anymore. Unlike, previously, where you could renew support each year, you just buy 1 license which gives you upgrades for the life of the product. This is a new system brought out when VB4 was announced in Q4 last year.

I moved my licenses to VB4 for the $160 deal back in October 2009, so I don't know if or what benefit is available to those who need to upgrade from a VB3.8 license to a VB4. (But in order to receive VB3.8 updates, with an expired VB3.8 owned license, you will need to buy the new license either way.)

There's a ton of argument over this policy, which you can easily search out all over this forum.
          Ah, I see. Ya, I noticed there has been arguments about this, I just don't want to get involved with it. So apparently I have to purchase a VB4 license in order to continue to get 3.8.x updates.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Think of it this way - it's an 'up to and including vB4' license so this gives you access to all previous version of vBulletin as well as letting you upgrade to vB4 at whatever point you like - provided that vB4 is still an active product...
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• brettxw
              • Feb 2009

So now its $200.00 to just get updates for 3.8.x series..And $200.00 each year????

Comment

• melbo
                • Apr 2005
                • 3.8.x

$200 one time until vB5 comes out.

Comment

• brettxw
                  • Feb 2009

Ah ok. Even though i have no intention on installing vb4 or 5 when it comes out. GR. This will be a quick 200.00.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...