Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stardotstar
    • Feb 2007

Strange Poll options and display...

Can anyone tell me why one of my polls has a null option with 43% of the vote - this is a long standing poll and one that should only have 4 options - maybe an admin tried to do something to this poll but I see that there is a blank option with lots of votes and when I go to edit the poll there are two "Additional Options" that I don't recognise.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	3714806

Name:	Screenshot-1..png
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	3714805

Name:	Screenshot-2..jpg
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	3714807
    Maybe I am missing something but I can't see how this could have happened or how I can fix it - the poll is old and quite important.

TIA
    Will
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

It almost looks like there was another option (option 5) and then a mod changed it to only have 4 options? However, I can't reproduce that on my 3.8.0 site. Can you edit it and add just "xxxx" as another option? What would happen then?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• stardotstar
      • Feb 2007

Thanks Lynne,

Before I do this I wonder if anyone can suggest a better way of checking it out because the item doesn't show I am concerned that adding another may break the poll or something - as it is a long standing one I am not sure whether we are going to have to live with it.

What I will do is log in as a user who hasn't voted in it and see what it looks like...

Comment

• stardotstar
        • Feb 2007

OK, so logging in as a user who had not voted presented the blank option; voting for it returns you to the main page without registering your vote (by the count in that option - remains 265) or that you have voted - ie its still available to vote in.

What should I dump from the database to work this out? Perhaps it can be edited in the database to correct the wierd option.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by stardotstar; Wed 17 Feb '10, 6:48pm.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Before you go dump anything, you may want to put in a support ticket and let support take a look at your database and they may be able to fix the issue.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• stardotstar
            • Feb 2007

Thanks Lynne, I might try that - worth a try at least - I have lots of mods though.

Comment

• stardotstar
              • Feb 2007

I just dug into this a little bit after placing a ticket.

I think I fixed it - the Poll data had a record

175|||162|||14|||2|||265

In Votes but still only registered 4 options - so I cut the |||265 out and it is displaying and operating correctly.

175|||162|||14|||2

Completely mystified as to how that last 265 votes got into this table and a little confirmation from someone who knows the database better than I do that this should correct the problem without "throwing" out the polls table or something would still be appreciated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...