Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chazel
    • Nov 2007

Members Complain of Having to Login Every Few Minutes

I've had three members tell me that they've been required to login more frequently in the past hour, which leads me to believe that it's a problem on my end. My cookie and HTTP header options seem to be in order, so I'm not sure what could be causing this error.

Is there any setting that I need to check to ensure that the cookies are working and staying in place on the user-end?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Was there something in particular that happened right before they started complaining? What do you have your session timeout set to?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Chazel
      • Nov 2007

Session timeout is set to 900. And I don't recall making any forum changes prior to their complaints.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Hmmm, I can't think of why anything would suddenly just change. I guess I would reiterate to the users to make sure to check the Remember Me option when logging in and also try clearing all their cookies for the site prior to trying again (if they happen to get 'kicked').

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...