X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panzer Max
    • May 2006

Firefox 3.6 users getting Security Token Errors when posting on forums

I read the sticky on this.

One of my members has been getting a slew of Security token errors, and he traced it to FireFox 3.6:

Issue

Firefox is having problems with certain web sites
    Description

I get the following error at times, when attempting to post in certain online forums:
    "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.
    If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."
    Has this been reported here yet? And is there anything we can change to fix this?
  • Archaic
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.8.x

Oh, hmmm...that's interesting. I've been having this a lot on my own forums, but I'd assumed this was due to the server errors we'd recently been having, not the browser itself.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Webmaster, Bulbagarden / Bulbapedia

Comment

• Panzer Max
      • May 2006

Yeah, our guy tested using a default style template and still go the token error, but using FF 3.5 something, no problems. Then he found this.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Very odd. This is the first I have heard of this. You may want to put it in the bug tracker.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Biker
          • Oct 2003

This seems to be a FireFox issue rather than a vBulletin issue. I, too, am seeing intermittent issues from my FireFox users in the mod_security logs. I've requested the affected users remove all plug ins from the browser and test it for a while to see if it's a browser issue or a plug in issue.
          I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

• Wolfegar
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.8.x

A member at one of the boards I admin is also having this issue. She also said something about the board loading slowly and she is also using the latest version of FireFox.

Comment

• goyo
              • Dec 2002

Few of my members including myself use 3.6. We haven't experienced this on any of the vB boards.

Comment

• Chris Gwynne
                • Dec 2002

Yes this has been occuring on a board I've just been working on.

Comment

• HFB
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 3.8.x

The issue was reported to Mozilla http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/565399. I think it only occurs on forums with modifications as I experienced it on vborg, but not here.
                  It resolved when I installed [ITECH] Inferno CSRF Auto Protection on my forums which use vb 3.7 and 3.8.1 PL1.

Comment

• Grimster
                    • Nov 2009

I too have a guy reporting this error, but only when he PM's - it doesn't appear for the same chap when he uses IE so definitely Firefox related. Do we know any more?

Comment

• Jazzyname
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 3.8.x

Thank you for sharing, I came here today looking for this type of information. It helps to know im not the only one.

Comment

• RedHotChili
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 3.8.x

I still can't post with FF. I even downgraded to 3.5.7 from 3.6 and still can't post here, though I can post in another forum, VBFAQ, that's running vb4, though to be precise it's 4.0.1 that they're running.

I wonder if there is something in 4.0.2 that is causing this problem. Anybody have any wild guesses?

I'm using Google Chrome to post this.

Comment

• HFB
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 3.8.x

I think it may be being caused by FF's new javascript engine tracemonkey. Open about:config in FF and put javascript.options.jit.content in the filter. Double click on the value to change it from true to false and see if that resolves the issue. It seems to have worked for me. But it does make FF slower.
                          This business about tracemonkey not memorizing all variables in javascript might have something to do with it. http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view...8619&forumId=1

Comment

• HFB
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 3.8.x

Issue has been resolved with FF 3.6.2 released on 3/22/10
                            Faster page loading, less memory usage and packed with features, the new Firefox is here.

Comment

• RedHotChili
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 3.8.x

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...