• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Private_Ale
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.8.x

RSS Feeds no longer parsing correctly

Hi,

Ever since 6 or so days ago my RSS feeds just flat out stopped parsing the html.
    On vb.org someone suggested that I turn off the option to automatically convert it to bbcode, which I did, however unfortunately to no avail.

For an example. see the following links.
    This was posted 6 days ago, and as you can see everything parsed correctly:

This was posted 5 days ago, one day after the last successful feed:

As you can see in the last link, the feed failed to properly parse the last 5 image links that CNN includes in their feeds.
    This is the feed in question: http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_world.rss

I am concerned, however, that the problem lays somewhere in my server since I installed two test copies of vBulletin (3.8 & 4.0) and it received the same results. I later asked a friend to try it on his board and it properly parsed for him.
    In the past week aside from a MySQL update, nothing has changed in the server, and I can't imagine were to even start looking since I fail to see what would prevent an RSS on vBulletin to stop parsing when everything else works without error.

The server itself is running Debian (Lenny) and has no problems up until this indecent.
    I'd like to solve this asap, so to expedite things I'll just post some quick specs..
    • Web Server: Apache v2.2.9
    • PHP: 5.2.6-1+lenny4
    • MySQL Version: 5.0.51a-24+lenny2+spu1
    • vBulletin Version: 3.8.4PL2

I appreciate any and all responses and suggestions, thank you.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

The links to your site only work if you're logged in so we can't see the issue
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

I just tried the rss feed on my test site and it was fine - convert html to bbcode set to Yes.

Did you change any settings in that forum lately? If you change the feed to post in another forum, will it still not parse correctly? What are you using the the RSS Body Template ({feed:description} or something else)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...