Need help resizing thumbnail and attachment size(width and height)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xtrigit
    • Jan 2010

Need help resizing thumbnail and attachment size(width and height)

For the last two days I have been trying to figure out how to resize images that are being attached to messages. This is what I want, if my members attach a picture that is bigger than 200x250, then the picture should be resized to 200x250 and the thumbnail should not be clickable leading to the original size picture(720x840 etc).

My members should be able to attach a picture AND copy the thumbnail url and insert it in the {attach} {/attach} code in order for the picture to appear above and not at the bottom of the post.

I know its hard to understand. lol.

I have seen this on other boards and I'm sure its not a hack/mod. I have tried everything in the control panel but i just cant seem to find the option to disable the linking between the thumbnail and the original sized picture.

I need help!!!!! please!! anyone?
  • Xtrigit
    • Jan 2010

anyone?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Please wait 24 hours before bumping posts as per the forum rules.

Have you tried setting the maximum picture sizes within the Attachment Manager and then setting this to yes:

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > Resize Images

If this doesn't work for you, then you could look at the likes of this modification:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Xtrigit
        • Jan 2010

Thumbnail Size
        Maximum width and height that the thumbnail can have. The image will be proportionately resized so that the longest side is no larger than this setting. If you change this setting, you will need to go to Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails. { }

How do I edit it so that the image is no larger than 106 x 153 ?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Manager will let you size the images that can be uploaded. AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > Thumbnail Size will deal with the Thumbnail sizes
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Supersix
            • May 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Manager will let you size the images that can be uploaded. AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > Thumbnail Size will deal with the Thumbnail sizes
            I believe this answered my question before I had a chance to ask it.
            Want thubs to appear like below in thread instead of size of postage stamps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	attachmentthumb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	3679748
            vintage airstream|airstream forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...