• creative-friends
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Error

Hello

can anyone please help with this error please

i even upgraded to 3.8.4 Patch level 2

but still i am getting this error

please help me out its really annoying...

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 107

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 119

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 134

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 142

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 389

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/class_core.php on line 2552
  • nexialys
    • May 2004
    • 1.1.x

you first have to deactivate the products on your site for further support...

open your config.php file and write this at the bottom:

# if you want to disable the hooks system with all the products:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    your site is running on free mode now, supposed to work .

then go to your admincp and deactivate all your products ... then you delete what you wrote in the config.php file, and see if your board work again. then you can try to re-activate each product one by one until you break again with the errors... if you break like this, you traced the problematic product...
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• creative-friends
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by nexialys
      you first have to deactivate the products on your site for further support...

open your config.php file and write this at the bottom:

your site is running on free mode now, supposed to work .

then go to your admincp and deactivate all your products ... then you delete what you wrote in the config.php file, and see if your board work again. then you can try to re-activate each product one by one until you break again with the errors... if you break like this, you traced the problematic product...
      Okay

i will try that and let you know if it works

Thanks for your comment...

Comment

• creative-friends
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Nothing Happend

Still The Same Error.....

Help Please

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

What version of php are you running?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• creative-friends
            • Feb 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
            What version of php are you running?

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

That is your problem. I recall seeing a bug report on this. I think the fix was to disable display_errors in your php.ini file. But, you can go look it up in the bug report.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• creative-friends
                • Feb 2009
                • 3.8.x

That is your problem. I recall seeing a bug report on this. I think the fix was to disable display_errors in your php.ini file. But, you can go look it up in the bug report.
                where is the Php.ini file??

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

It could be in a different folder depending on who installed your software. If I recall, mine is in my etc directory, but other people may have theirs in different folders.

Comment

• creative-friends
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 3.8.x

It could be in a different folder depending on who installed your software. If I recall, mine is in my etc directory, but other people may have theirs in different folders.
                    if you are talking about the vbulletin software then i have installed it......or you talking about some other software??

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

php.ini file
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by creative-friends
                        if you are talking about the vbulletin software then i have installed it......or you talking about some other software??
                        The php.ini file is not a vbulletin file. It is a php configuration file.

Comment

• creative-friends
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 3.8.x

i dont knw about that.....
                          do i have to ask my Hosting Company??

Comment

• creative-friends
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 3.8.x

i have asked my hosting about it and they told me to turn the php error off from Cpanel and i did turn it off but i am still getiing the errors

Comment

• Lynne
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Oct 2004

Are you getting the errors from vbulletin files or from modification files? If you are getting them from totally default vb files with no modifications at all, then you should put in a support ticket.

Comment