Banned User Pops on The Forum and is able to Post Messages etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • listerdiesel
    • Jan 2009
    • 3.8.x

Banned User Pops on The Forum and is able to Post Messages etc.

We are running 3.8.4 Patch Level 2

A banned member recently appeared on our forum and was able to post a message, his username has 'Banned' below it, and I have checked the 'Banned' usergroup in admincp to make sure everything is set to 'No'.

Should I have done anything else? If not, how can a banned member post on the forum?

Peter
  • icarusforde
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Thats really weird.

Make another account, ban it and try post. If you can, then it's something that i don't know about. If you can't, then it's a localised issue, and just change his password and his email so he cant reset his pass/login.

Comment

• listerdiesel
      • Jan 2009
      • 3.8.x

I can just delete his account, probably best thing to do anyway, just wondered if anyone else had seen this one.

I will double-check that it's not an older pre-ban post that has somehow been regurgitated by the system.

Thanks for the reply and Happy New Year!

Peter

Comment

• aussiefooty
        • Nov 2008
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by listerdiesel
        We are running 3.8.4 Patch Level 2

A banned member recently appeared on our forum and was able to post a message, his username has 'Banned' below it, and I have checked the 'Banned' usergroup in admincp to make sure everything is set to 'No'.

Should I have done anything else? If not, how can a banned member post on the forum?

Peter
        You might be better off putting him on global ignore if he's being a pain in the neck
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• nexialys
          • May 2004
          • 1.1.x

What did you do to ban him at first?... putting the Banned usergroup as a secondary usergroup is not working, you really need to put it in the primary usergroup.
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...