Can someone explain to me how the Usergroup Permissions work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elyk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne
    Nexia, make sure your primary group has "Allow Users to have Member Groups" set to yes.
    Just wondering what should this setting be then for secondary groups, should it be set for allow users to have member groups or not allow users to have member groups?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I know, Nexia, but you are fun to kid around with.

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    see: http://vbenhancer.com/officials/lot-...s-2010-a/7263/ ... i'm not THAT bad

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    {{{Lynne tries hard to imagine a world where Nexia is a cool and fair guy.}}}

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    could you, just for one moment, imagine that i'm a cool and fair guy... rofl

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by nexialys
    oh, Lynne you can tell... use this thread as a reference when someone claim that i'm the best coder ever... *(which occur everyday on my site btw)...
    You'll probably go back and edit the posts to say something *completely* different!

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    oh, Lynne you can tell... use this thread as a reference when someone claim that i'm the best coder ever... *(which occur everyday on my site btw)...

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by nexialys
    Oh... thanks then Zachery and Lynne...

for the last years i always thought wrongly...

see how i am weak...
    It's nice to know that even someone with your amount of experience doesn't know everything (but I won't tell, nexia!).

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    Oh... thanks then Zachery and Lynne...

for the last years i always thought wrongly...

see how i am weak...

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    No its not Nexi, Lynne is correct. If you set Allow users to have Member groups to no, then they can't be part of secdar group and acnnot get their permissions.

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    This permission is used to let users access Public/Joinable Usergroups Lynne...

at it is the GOAL of that permission... lol

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Nexia, make sure your primary group has "Allow Users to have Member Groups" set to yes.

Leave a comment:

• Can someone explain to me how the Usergroup Permissions work?

Ok, time to laugh, i'm a vb guru, and i can't stand the permissions system... so someone, please tell me.

is FALSE ++ TRUE === TRUE ???

if primary is FALSE and secondary is TRUE, mathematically the result is supposed to be TRUE, no???

so why if all my users are primary disabled, if a user have a secondary ug enabled, logically he is supposed to be enabled at the end?

that is never the case in vBulletin... looks like the secondary usergroups have not a single effect on primary groups whatsoever...

the example:

Registered Users is set to "Can Post Threads" to NO
    Prime Members is set to "Can Post Threads" to YES

all my users are "registered members" as primary, and people who pay a subscription on my site receive the "Prime Members" as a secondary group...

so mathematically, and logically, once you are in that situation, you are supposed to have posting enabled.

why isn't it the case in vBulletin ????
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...