X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ranz
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

We also have users complaining of this. I have suggested to them that they need to clear cookies - will report back if this doesn't fix the problem.
    Cheers,
    Ranz

Comment

• jimjam
      • Jul 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by The Prohacker
      I run Chrome and I haven't ran into any of these type of issues, I stay logged in to our forums pretty consistently. And I really haven't seen any complaints on our communities of this either.

Have you ever changed the cookie domain or cookie path settings under Options in AdminCP? Maybe someone logged in before you changed that setting and had an old hash and logging back in didn't clear out the old cookies. If the problem persists past them clearing cookies then you might try uploading the files again since that would indicate other issues that aren't just cookie related.

Modifications and plugins could also cause some problems like this.
      I have reinstalled the files. but the issue remains, yes it could be a mod or a plug in. I just noticed on another thread that a Kevin Sours who appears to be a member of the vb team has identified the same issues, so hopefully a solution will be found soon >here

Comment

• matrex_722
        • Dec 2007
        • 3.8.x

do you use vbseo ?

Comment

• jimjam
          • Jul 2007
          • 3.6.x

Yes I use VBseo

Comment

• matrex_722
            • Dec 2007
            • 3.8.x

please write to me this file content ( .htaccess )

your problem is form this file

it happen for me from a while

and i will try to fix it for you

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
              • Jul 2009
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by jimjam
              I got the same problems the moment I upgraded to the latest 3.8.4 PL2. My members are MOANING loudly. I have been through clearing cookies with them but they are still having to continually log in are being logged out after opening a post or refreshing a page. Does anyone have a solution yet? Thanks
              Mine are complaining too, saying they will change to another site because it is a pain. If it was one or two I wouldn't mind but the majority of the community is complaining! I have advised them to clear all browsing history, and to restart their computers. They are still having the issue. For some it happens randomly for other it is everytime. I however have not experienced the problem on any of my four computers.

Ideas???

Comment

• matrex_722
                • Dec 2007
                • 3.8.x

i have the solution for this problem

just write here your .htaccess content

Comment

• JAnneSonlite
                  • Nov 2003

Add us to the list. Our users are having the same issue.

Comment

• matrex_722
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 3.8.x

if you have vbseo in your forum just follow :

open .htaccess file in your forum root

you will find :

PHP Code:
                    #RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.your-domain.com 
                    ofcrse your-domain = your domain name

add after it :

PHP Code:
                    #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} vb/ 
                    (vb) in the code = your forum folder name

it will be like this
                    PHP Code:
                    #RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.7elm3aber.com
                    #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} vb/
                    #RewriteRule (.*) http://www.7elm3aber.com/vb/$1 [L,R=301] 
                    7elm3aber in the code is my domain

save the file and try to login your forum
                    Last edited by matrex_722; Wed 30 Dec '09, 10:24am.

Comment

• jimjam
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Thanks, I'll take a look at doing this.

Comment

• matrex_722
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by jimjam
                        Thanks, I'll take a look at doing this.
                        waiting for results

Comment

• Muddles
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 3.8.x

I'm having this problem on my forum too, basic 3.8.4PL2. I dont use vBseo

Even I have to log in each time I go to my forum, and I'm the founder.

All my members have emptied their cookies and cache and closed the browser reopened it and logged in, then when they go away from the site and come back they have to log in again.

Also have another problem since adding PL2 but will search the forum to see if anyone else has it and if not post a new thread.

It's regarding some members posts now needing validating before posting.

Comment

• renep
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer
                            I have advised them to clear all browsing history, and to restart their computers.
                            So you panicked. The best cover-up is to tell them to reinstall their operating systems, clean out their fridges and divorce their spouses. That will keep them busy for a while.
                            "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
                            - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

• Kevin Sours
                              Lead Developer
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Muddles
                              I'm having this problem on my forum too, basic 3.8.4PL2. I dont use vBseo

Even I have to log in each time I go to my forum, and I'm the founder.

All my members have emptied their cookies and cache and closed the browser reopened it and logged in, then when they go away from the site and come back they have to log in again.

Also have another problem since adding PL2 but will search the forum to see if anyone else has it and if not post a new thread.

It's regarding some members posts now needing validating before posting.
                              I haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself which makes it extremely difficult to fix. I reported my findings here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1888529, but the summary is that changing the salt causes the "remember" to not work when the session times out, but logging in again works just fine every time I've tried it. This included creating an account on jimjam's forum and trying it there. I haven't seen anything that explains the reported behavior.

Since you seem to be able to reliable reproduce, can you do something for me?

1) Clear cookies
                              2) Log in
                              3) Record the following information and send to me in a PM
                              a) Your password
                              b) The COOKIE_SALT value from functions.php
                              c) The contents of the bbpassword cookie (replace bb with your cookie prefix if you've changed it)
                              4) Delete the bbsessionhash cookie (or wait for session to time out)
                              5) See if this logs you out
                              6) If it does, log in again and record the value of the bbpassword cookie a second time

Kevin

Comment

• KyleRev6
                                • Jan 2010
                                • 3.8.x

Kevin, try to replicate the issue using a website that has a subdomain other than www like forum[dot]example[dot]com
                                The issue basically make it impossible to login, it ask you to login every single time.

Clearing cookies doesn't do anything.
                                If you login successfully after clearing the cookies, you are login for 1 page, as soon as you switch page, you get logout right away.

I had to remove my subdomain and make it /forum as a subdirectory to solve the issue
                                It seem that the cookies doesn't work on subdomain.

Issues experienced:
                                Clear cookies
                                Login with remember me checked
                                Result: ask to login again
                                Login without remember checked
                                Result: ask to login again
                                Clear cookies
                                Login without remember checked [right after clearing cookies]
                                Result: Successfully login
                                Visit another page on the forum
                                Result: you aren't login anymore

This was the issue that we had, and we were 3 developers trying to solve the issue.
                                After wasting 3 hours looking around and trying different browser and way to solve the issue, we decided to upgrade to version 4 gold
                                Than I had the idea to remove the subdomain and by removing it, there is no more issues.

Kyle

Please note that the cookies are setup to be [dot]domainname[dot]com
                                from: Settings > Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options > Cookie Domain
                                It was working fine before the update and issue only started with the update.
                                Last edited by KyleRev6; Mon 4 Jan '10, 5:39pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...