X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SighK
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

"Done, but with errors on Page" IE 6/7 Lockups

Hi guys currently running 3.8.4 Patch Level 1. Having the following issue where a number of users are saying that when using IE6 or 7 their browser locks-up. The problem is non exsistant in Firefox or IE8.

Here is the error IE is showing however:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0)
    Timestamp: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:23:47 UTC

Line: 141
    Char: 30
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.mysitehere.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27
    And...

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0)
    Timestamp: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:24:26 UTC

Line: 151
    Char: 30
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.mysitehere.com/forum/index.php
    It happens on every single page. Any ideas guys?
  • Dody
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

try to disable any modifications and to run the default style to ensure everything is running as it should. If the error disappears, then it is a modification's problem.
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

• SighK
      • Apr 2009
      • 3.8.x

EDIT: Turns out it was a style modification I made. All fixed now. Thanks.

Hi Dody,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried running in Default Style and there were NO errors. Went back to my current style and error was there. The next thing I did was disable ALL modifications and checked the site via IE unfortunately the error is still there. What would your next guess be? How can I determine what is causing this?

Cheers
      Last edited by SighK; Sat 19 Dec '09, 6:19pm.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

If you've modified the forumhome and forumdisplay templates then you'll need to look into what changes you've made to these to see why this is happening. If the edits to these templates came from modifications then you should seek help from the mod author
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...