X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Isaac
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

Mass emails

I am trying out the system of sending emails to users as it appears emails are not always reaching some users after moving to a new server.

ACP > Send Email to Users > Email Manager

I selected 'Yes' for a test only and in the Message box put $username and a message.

In Search Criteria I selected the two usergroups I wanted to send the email to (admins and mods) and clicked Send at the bottom. A window flashed by and that was it. I was expecting a display of the users who would get the emails, as stated in the Help file.

If this is set to Yes, no one will actually be emailed, but vBulletin will proceed as if they were, showing you who would be sent an email.
    Have I done it incorrectly or is something not working?

vB 3.8.3

Bob
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

The list of users does, if you don't have many to send to, only appear briefly - blink and you'll miss it.

If you were to limit the number to send to '1', you will see the screen flash through each individual user. Perhaps worth making the suggestion that the screen stays up longer to allow you to see who it's been sent to.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Bob Isaac
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

Thanks. This is ludicrous, has no one ever picked up on this before. I tried what you suggested and you need vision like Spock or Data to see what flashes up. I would like one of the vB team to comment on this please.

Bob

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

The script just runs until it finds no more users then redirects back to the first page.

You could raise this is a suggestion in the bug tracker for a future 4.x series release but as it stands, it's working as designed....
        Vote for:

Comment

• Supersix
          • May 2009
          • 3.8.x

Will a mass email accept BB code or some way to create a link? Want to send out a mass email to all members
          but mass mailings arent of much use if they dont at least have a link back to the site.
          This seems to be an incredible weakness in a software product built for communication.
          vintage airstream|airstream forums

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Not at present. There are plans within 4.1 to update this to allow HTML but the 3.x version will not be upgraded.
            Vote for:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...