I was subpoenad for a user's posts - how do you export a member's posts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beansbaxter
    • May 2005
    • 3.8.x

I was subpoenad for a user's posts - how do you export a member's posts?

I am running vb 3.8 and I was just served with a subpoena, signed by a judge, asking for the posts/communications of a particular user on my forum.

I know you can export Private Messages from within vb, but how can I export the user account's posts into a dump that I can email them?

The forum has nearly 2million posts, this particular user has around 2500 posts, is there a way to export out just his posts? And other communication? Into a TXT file?

Thanks in advance.
    PNW Moto
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You could try this in phpMyAdmin:

Code:
    [COLOR=black]SELECT username, pagetext FROM `[COLOR=red]PREFIX[/COLOR]post` WHERE `userid` = [/COLOR][COLOR=red]x[/COLOR]
    If you use a prefix for your tables, substitute this in for PREFIX and amend x to the relevant userid.

Once you get the results, there should be an 'Export' option there. I've just exported all posts by me on my forum into a PDF and it will create a document with two columns:

- Username
    Hopefully that should suffice
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

Can you just give him the private messages and tell them to use the publically available search option with instructions on how to do it? LOL

It also says communications -- does this mean you have to provide the entire thread he posted in?
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

change their password, login to their account, download the xml backup of their PM's if they are still in your database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...