X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STORMS
    • Oct 2009
    • 4.0.x

Changing forum "new post/no new post icons" & buttons

I am a newb at vB still, so can someone point me in the right direction?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you can be a little clearer then hopefully we can!
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• STORMS
      • Oct 2009
      • 4.0.x

lol.. yeah, I suppose that would help.

When viewing the main forum index there are the generic "New Post" & "No New Post" icons that are on the left side of the forum and also at the bottom of the forum page in their own legend.

We have been custom icons that we would like to put in place of the generic icons, how would we go about replacing our custom made ones with the current ones?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

2 easiest ways are:

- name the custom ones the same as the current default set and overwrite them on your server or
        - name them the same as the current default set and place them in a new directory within the image directory. Then amend the path in AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > StyleVars > Image Paths > Item Status Icon Folder

If they're a different name and/or extension to the default ones then you'll need to go through the templates updating all references to them in there.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Tommy327
          • May 2009

Sorry to bring up an old post. I figured it would be relevant to put this is here since it pertains to this.

Anyways...

I have replaced my icons and originally it worked out great. However, I have made changes again and tried to replace the icons in the same manner and the old icons are still in place. It will not update to the newer icons. I have cleared all the internet temp files, cookies, etc. Additionally, I have tried accessing the website on a couple different computers and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...