Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blairwarlock
    • Nov 2001

Changing user's Primary Usergroup upon registering

Once a user confirms registration, they are automatically made a member of the "Registered Users" group (id: 2) by default. Is it possible to change this? Meaning, when a user first registers, I want to automatically assign them to "Newbie Group with Limited Permissions" group, for example. Then after meeting a promotion requirement, they move to "Registered Users". Is this possible?

The only workaround I can think of is to replicate the "Registered Users" group using a different name, then change the name and/or permissions of the original "Registered Users" group.

Searched the forums but couldn't find an answer. TIA!
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Your workaround is the only way - to modify which group they go into would involve modifying the code which isn't supported here.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Blairwarlock
      • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Trevster
      Your workaround is the only way - to modify which group they go into would involve modifying the code which isn't supported here.
      Ok, I appreciate the response!

Comment

• taffy056
        • Sep 2004

Why not make the Registered Users group the limited permissions one, and then use promotion to a group with more permissions afterwards, that is what I am doing, I tell people they must first introduce themselves in a specific forum, once they have done that they are moved a to a different usergroup that enables them to use the website more fully.
        Free Kick
        https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...