X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wacnstac
    • Jul 2000
    • 3.6.x

3.8.4 installation has gone completely down

Um, suddenly without any sort of error all I get is a blank page rendered at http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum All the source files still seem to be in place..... HELP!
  • dodgeboard.com
    • Nov 2005
    • 4.0.x

Re-upload the files, overwriting the current ones. Make sure you upload the PHP files in ASCII format.

Comment

• wacnstac
      • Jul 2000
      • 3.6.x

It appears that all scripts on the site that utilize SQL are showing blank pages.

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
        • Nov 2005
        • 4.0.x

That's what happens when the PHP files are uploaded in Binary format.

Comment

• wacnstac
          • Jul 2000
          • 3.6.x

Um, none of these files have been uploaded recently. I don't think they all just changed to binary format in the last couple of minutes.

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
            • Nov 2005
            • 4.0.x

Your original post was not clear about this. However, blank pages are normally caused by bad files due to format, corruption or hacking. Unless your files are modified, it wont hurt to re-upload the original vBulletin forum files and overwrite the current ones as a simple troubleshooting step.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Here is a page from the manual about troubleshooting blank or 'white' pages: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• wacnstac
                • Jul 2000
                • 3.6.x

dodgeboard, your answer is very MicroSoftish. My error log shows lots of these:

[23835] EACCELERATOR: PHP crashed on opline 8 of connect() at /home/msports/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:269

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 4.0.x

Originally posted by wacnstac
                  dodgeboard, your answer is very MicroSoftish. My error log shows lots of these:

[23835] EACCELERATOR: PHP crashed on opline 8 of connect() at /home/msports/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:269
                  Must be because I am a MS Tech

Sorry you didn't like my help. I'll step out and let someone else help you

Comment

• wacnstac
                    • Jul 2000
                    • 3.6.x

Just FYI it appears this happened because The apache suexec_log had grown to 3Gb in size. Might want to add that to the list instead of the standard MicroSoft line "reinstall the software".

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 4.0.x

Note to self: Stop helping the "ungrateful".

Comment

• GHOwner
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 3.8.x

Just FYI it appears this happened because The apache suexec_log had grown to 3Gb in size. Might want to add that to the list instead of the standard MicroSoft line "reinstall the software".
                        But in the world of technology, there's many different possibilities for the same error/issue. Sometimes the most generic answer can be the universal solver.

Don't complain about getting help from generous customers.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Aug 2002
                          • 5.7.X

Solves the problems a lot of the time though if you look around...
                          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...