Clear All
  • blh654
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

Enable visitor messages and WYSIWYG editor for everyone

How can I enable:
    -visitor messages
    -WYSIWYG editor
    For all my users? We just converted from vBulletin, and those two options are currently set to 'off' and 'Simple Text Box', respectively. Is there a way I can do this from phpMyAdmin/the admin control panel?

Also, I sent the 'autosubscribe' table to '-1' - this turns this off, right? (It was at '0' before for everyone)
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Have a look in AdminCP > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query. Pretty sure these options are in the dropdown there.

To use these queries, make sure your userid has been placed in the section of the config.php file giving permission to run SQL queries.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• blh654
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevster
      Have a look in AdminCP > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query. Pretty sure these options are in the dropdown there.

To use these queries, make sure your userid has been placed in the section of the config.php file giving permission to run SQL queries.
      Hi Trevster, that worked for the WYSIWYG portion...thanks!

But as for the visitor messages, I didn't see any option for that...how would I go about enabling that for everyone?

Comment

• zomega
        • Apr 2006

Make an announcement saying visitor messages are now enabled and let them choose whether they want to enable it or not. All new profiles will come with it enabled.
        sigpic

Jihen Theory - Anime news, reviews and torrent tracker.

Comment